Friday, September 26, 2008

"3 weeks and I still don't have bath towels"

On Wednesday my dear friend, Alice, wrote me a check and asked me to be her personal shopper. FUN! Who doesn't love to spend someone elses money? She said "I desperately need bath towels, a bath mat and a shower curtain. I am never going to get it done. I just don't have time." Because I am in real estate I keep a very non-traditional schedule. I work weekends and evenings and during the day too but I often have pockets of time when the kids are still in school to run errands etc. This made perfect sense. I could help Alice by picking this stuff up for her while I was out and about. So off I went. I had about an hour and 1/2. First stop was HomeGoods - my FAVORITE browsing spot. I breezed in and breezed out. Nope, didn't have what I wanted. Alice had given me some perameters. She is divorced with two daughters so it is just the girls - shocking pink was the color she mentioned. Next stop, Linens N Things. Done and Done. They had exactly what I was looking for. I was in and out in 15 minutes with two big bags. On to World Market. Alice had mentioned that the model in her building had actual curtains for the shower curtain and she liked that. Using actual curtains gives a more formal, sophisticated look. World Market had just what I was looking for.



The breakdown:
Linens N Things: 4 Hot Pink bath towels and 4 Hot Pink hand towels 1 super soft Brown bath mat. $99.00
World Market: 2 Brown Velvet Curtain Panels 86" long. $70.00






I am on the look out for some large, brown frames and pink mats for pictures she has of the girls. If I can't find pink mats I will make them either out of card stock or buy white mats and color them.)

The No-Sew, Super Quick Way to use curtain panels for a shower curtain. Fold the fabric and snip little holes just big enough for the curtain hanger to fit thu. Presto!