Friday, October 31, 2008

Calm The Beast

So it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it (and it may as well be me @ $65/hour!).

This picture is to show how much stuff I actually had to move.



Shelving Before: Shelving After:

With a project like this you are going to get dirty so just get in there and don't worry about it. Hauling stuff around and from a garage is hard work - some may say "MANs Work" but if the man won't do it hire OM Home or another professional organizer to do it. This is a two car garage! There is loads of space in here. There must have been 80 balls of various types (ie. soccer, basketball, football) because there are three kids in the family. There were also bikes and skateboards and bats and hockey sticks.....I gathered them all together and put them all in one place for the home owner to sort. Further, the shelving that was there was so hardly being used. By simply sorting and grouping and putting things on the shelves they are easier to see and get to. Once everything is sorted and put away and what can be is off the floor it is time for my favorite part, sweeping! I LOVE sweeping the garage. There is just no reason for leaves and dirt to be in the garage. A freshly swept garage is the BEST. Really. I clean my garage regularly. Even a clean garage can bring peace to your life. It always does for me!