Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sullivan Storage Room

My friend Kelly gave me a job that I can REALLY sink my teeth into. Here are some shots from today:



This is a large room and makes an amazing space for storage. The job is to essentially empty the contents, sort, organize and put it all back in here or find more suitable places.





Kelly and her husband just completed a major main level renovation. While the work was being done they "lived" in the basement and this storage room not only served as a place for everything that had to be removed from the main level but also the KITCHEN!











This room is also the dog's room. Oh she will be so happy when I am done.....







Since the renovation has been complete the family has kind of abandoned this room. Stuff is thrown in and has been pulled out. You would be amazed at all the stuff I found in here.







This area here is in the deepest, darkest corner of the shelving. I couldn't wait to get in there and drag all that stuff out.

There were still boxes full of breakables in the storage room. China and crystal that Kelly had a place for in her new dining room. I took these boxes up for her and she got busy unpacking them.





This is a picture of the job about 1/2 way done. I think that the best way to tackle something like this is to pull everything out and put it back. It can often look WAY worse before it looks better.




I did a lot of dusting and vaccuming because of the drywall dust and concrete dust that resulted from the construction above. It is always a good idea to clean the space before you start putting stuff back.

I stopped working at 2:00 today. I am pleased with what I accomplished. I was able to put the storage room back together. Here is the after picture:




The doggy has a new bed made of a remnant and a extra throw rug. Very comfy.

Believe it or not, everything in the before picture, with the exception of the white cabinet, the white table and bags of clothes is still in the storage room and I only filled one trash bag.







The brown cabinet is full of Kelly's "winter project". Boxes and boxes of pictures.



The tins here are old dog food tins. I found them back in the back of the deep, dark hole. They are now full of dog food and dog bones!


When I go back I will work on the small utility room adjacent to the storage room. I piled all kind of things in there like batteries, extension cords, tools, cleaning supplies etc. That is going to be another fun project!! Stay tuned.