Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Too Embarrassed

A friend of mine purchased an OM Home gift certificate for another friend. I, personally, think that a gift certificate to OM Home makes a wonderful gift but it is important to make sure that the gift will be received well. In this case, the recipient felt too embarrassed to accept the gift certificate and in turn the help. Honestly, my OWN house is a disaster from time to time. I have two kids who look at me like I have 3 heads when I ask them to pick something up and, frankly, sometimes I don't feel picking things up either. Clutter Happens and there is nothing to be embarrassed about. I have been in garages, attics, basements, laundry rooms, closets that were so stuffed that I had to pull stuff out from behind the door before I could get the door open! I have seen it all and not once did I think of the owner of the clutter as anything but an a fellow over-extended person, running the rat race with the rest of us, prioritizing on the fly. Lets be honest, on the To Do List of Life, organizing gets pushed to the bottom. It is ok. Let me help.